Friday, June 3, 2011

Miss Iowa Ready

Hello!

I leave for Miss Iowa the day after tomorrow and I could not be more excited about the wonderful week ahead. I am really looking forward to meeting the other contestants amid a flurry of rehearsals and appearances.

Since the last time I wrote, I have been keeping busy mostly with preparations for Miss Iowa. On Memorial Day I was able to make time in my busy schedule to honor our veterans at a Dallas County political event. There, I was able to meet Governor Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota and Former Governor Buddy Roemer of Louisiana, both of whom have hopes of earning the 2012 Republican Presidential nomination. I was also able to say hello to Representative Latham whom I met in Washington, D.C. a couple of weeks ago. As you have probably guessed, I am never shy about talking to politicians about my platform, so both Governors Pawlenty and Roemer heard an earful about the importance of dentistry in our state and nation. As Iowa boasts the first-in-the-nation Presidential Caucus, I am looking forward to meeting all of the Presidential hopefuls who travel though our state.


With Tim Pawlenty, the Governor of Minnesota. Gov. Pawlenty is considered one of the front-runners for the 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination.


With Buddy Roemer, the former Governor of Louisiana.

This week has been very busy with preparations, but it the best kind of busy. It is exhilarating to be working towards my dream of becoming Miss Iowa. This year will actually be my third year competing for Miss Iowa and I know that I am truly prepared for this job. While the competition is certainly important, Miss Iowa’s impact extends so much further than just the competition that the audience will see next weekend. Miss Iowa is an official representative of our state and her behavior must always leave a positive impression on every person that she meets. In addition, the power of the crown gives Miss Iowa the opportunity to truly make a difference through her platform. The Miss Iowa crown would greatly help me accomplish the goals that I have established for my platform of “Making Smiles Happen: Children’s Dental Health Advocacy”. These goals would impact thousands of lives across Iowa. On Saturday, the judges will be able to make the dreams of one young woman come true. But, what is most remarkable is the impact that that one woman can have on the people of Iowa. The responsibilities of Miss Iowa are huge, but I know I am ready for them. I am ready to be Miss Iowa.

Elizabeth Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment