Sunday, June 5, 2011

Miss Iowa - Day One

Greetings!

I am just finishing the first day of Miss Iowa week! This will be a short post because I want to make sure I get to bed and get plenty of sleep this week.
Today was a wonderful day and it was great to spend time with the contestants. I moved in to the Clarion Hotel in Davenport at 10:00 this morning with the help of my wonderful directors. At 2:00 we had our first activity, which was the Miss Iowa Tea at the beautiful Blackhawk Hotel. One of the things I enjoyed most about this was that all of the Miss and Teen Contestants shared the stories behind their platforms. I think the platform is one of the aspects that make this program great, so it was interesting to hear what sparked the passions of the contestants.


With a few of the other contestants at the Miss Iowa Tea. I'll add a few more pictures from this event tomorrow.

After dinner at the Blackhawk, we went back to the Clarion for three hours of rehearsal. We went through swimsuit and evening gown walks, as well as we began to learn the steps for our opening number dress. The Miss contestants will be doing a tango dance, which should turn out really well for the competition later this week.
Well, the day starts bright and early tomorrow, so I’m going to call it quits for today. I’ll try to post an entry each day, so keep checking back for updates. Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment