Thursday, June 9, 2011

Miss Iowa - Day Four

Greetings!

Yesterday was a busy day for the Miss Iowa contestants! We started the day off with two radio interviews at 7:15 (!) with B100 and Star 93.5. Pauli, as always, represented the Miss Iowa Scholarship Program proudly and each contestant was given the opportunity to briefly introduce herself. The interviews were quick, but we will all have plenty of air time during the competition as Star 93.5 will be broadcasting live updates!


With Gretchen, Miss Eastern Iowa, outside the radio station.

After the interviews, we had around an hour back at the hotel to pack up anything that needed to be transported to the Adler for the competition. Most of us, myself included, also had the time to take a quick, much-needed nap.

After packing up our things, we headed to the Fountains to have lunch with the Rotary Club of Bettendorf. The lunch was great and I had the opportunity to sit next to several business and industry leaders in the community, including Dr. Olson, a Bettendorf dentist (I can’t resist talking to a dentist!). The Rotary is really a wonderful organization. Their untiring focus on service is an inspiration and I am proud that so many communities in Iowa, America, and across the world have chapters that each strive to help those in need.

Next, we all moved our competition belongings to the Adler. As I had to harp to take with me, this was actually quite a process. But, after sixteen years of playing the harp, I am proud to say that I have finally learned how to move the harp safely, efficiently, and, most importantly, by myself. Thankfully, I did have Ciera, Miss Henry County, to keep me company in the car.

Dinner that night was at Lancer’s Grille in Eldridge, which has hosted the Miss Iowa contestants for several years. Thank you for your support!

Our last activity on Wednesday was dress rehearsal at the Adler. As we have three nights of competition, our dress rehearsal was sort of a hodge-podge of all three nights. While the rehearsal was tiring, it’s clear that the show will be great!

Today is the first day of competition. We have interviews, on-stage question, and evening gown. I can’t wait to get started!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment