Monday, June 7, 2010

Sign In at Miss Iowa :)

It is finally here, and I could not be more excited.

Yesterday, I started off my day at the crack of dawn with a 5-mile run around Gray's Lake in Des Moines, and finished all of my packing for the week.

I then traveled to Iowa City to meet my family for a quick birthday lunch with my family at the Brown Bottle. What a great way to kick off the week; my youngest sister, Nicki, presented me with a homemade book of pictures of me with quotes about the type of person she thinks I am. In the back, my family each wrote me a good luck message filled with some of my favorite quotes from The Office, which inevitably make me laugh. I could not possibly feel more loved and supported by my family than I do right now. Love you guys!

By mid-afternoon, I arrived at the Clarion Hotel in Davenport, who so kindly sponsors the Miss Iowa contestants each year. My board of directors - or my army as I called them yesterday - was there to help me move in. They also had a giant cooler of fruit, a pageant week survival kit (you can only imagine what might be in that bag!), and several other bags filled with useful items for the week. They have been absolutely incredible to work with this year, and I would not be where I am without them. Thank you, ladies!

We had our first dinner as a group around 5 p.m. where we were able to reunite with our hostesses and introduce ourselves once again. It was great to see everyone. We finished the evening with a meeting in our head hostess's room to discuss plans for the week.

To say that I am prepared for this week is an understatement. I really left no stones unturned this year preparing not only for the Miss Iowa competition, but for the job of Miss Iowa. What a blessing it is to be here in the midst of such wonderful young ladies while interviewing and competing for the opportunity of a lifetime. There is nowhere I would rather be.

All my best,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment