Monday, June 7, 2010

Miss Iowa Week - Day 1

What a WONDERFUL day!

We started off with Jazzercise at 7 a.m., and I must say, what a fun way to workout! Then, we got ready for the day and left for yoga and massages at the Institute of Therapeutic Massage in Davenport. Bonita Howes so kindly donates the time of her staff to us, and I speak for all of the ladies when I say how appreciative we are! The massages are one of the highlights of the week before competition, without question. Thank you to everyone at the institute for being so gracious!

Later, we visited Senior Star Assisted Living Center for a wonderful, nutritious lunch and many of us were able to perform our talents. Anne Michael, our current Miss Iowa was there as well, and WOW, was her talent phenomenal! She is such a gifted young lady, and I had such a blast listening to her perform and chat throughout the day. She really is an inspiration.


We then went to the Ridgecrest Senior Center and heard even more of the contestant's talents. Talk about entertaining! The young ladies did a great job, and I had a blast performing Chopsticks again. I can't wait to do it in full costume on Thursday night ;) It is such a fun piece and really allows me to connect with the audience.

For dinner, Hy-Vee very generously donated an all-access pass to their buffet lines. I know the girls would agree with me when I say it was de-lic-ious! Thanks to all of the Hy-Vee staff for being so welcoming to us. It is one of our favorite places to dine during the week!

We finished the evening with a quick rehearsal and some down time in our hotel rooms. What a full day! There we so many laughs and memories already shared today, I can hardly wait for what's to come.

More tomorrow,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment