Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Grand Piano in My Backyard :)

On Friday, I was honored to be the special guest at Scottish Rite Park's monthly Ladies Luncheon in Des Moines.

We had a wonderful meal, which I was happy to see included fresh spinach salad with mandarin oranges, a meal of chicken with a side of parslied pineapple, and melon for dessert :)


After eating, I had a few minutes to share with all 75 guests a little about myself and my platform and then played two piano pieces and my talent selection for Miss Iowa, Liberace's version of Chopsticks.


They loved it!



The best part about the day was being able to perform on a baby grand piano. This was a rare opportunity for me, as I have become accustomed to playing on keyboards and upright pianos. The women at Scottish Rite Park said I am welcome to come back and play on their piano anytime. Since their residence is just couple of miles from my apartment in downtown Des Moines, there is no question I will be back to take advantage of that opportunity!

More to come soon,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment