Tuesday, February 24, 2015

From here, there to every where!

Iowa City to Davenport, back to Iowa City, back to Davenport, to Polo, Il to Schaumburg, Il, to Naperville, Il, back to Polo, back to Davenport, to Iowa City off to Cedar Rapids and back to Iowa City.  This was my crazy, event filled weekend!! It all started bright and early Friday morning when I travelled to Davenport to meet Jon for a workout session!  I thought for once he would show me some mercy since I had an appearance later in Davenport that day but… nope! No mercy was given, and I completed a tough timed circuit that consisted of some new exercises that really kicked my butt!  From the workout I drove down the road to the March of Dimes kickoff event for the Davenport walk.  To get ready for this event I spilt my getting ready between in the car and in the restroom of the hotel.  The Davenport kickoff event was a huge hit and it had a wonderful turn out of so many welcoming volunteers!  At this event I was able to speak to everyone who had attended and explain to them why I have chosen the March of Dimes as my platform and why I even had to chose a platform to compete in the Miss America system.  The crowd was so welcoming that I felt like I have known them forever and it was very easy to share my story with them.  After this I was able to pass out the awards for the top walkers, teams and organizations.  After both kickoff events I have been so overwhelmed by the passion and commitment of the volunteers involved with the March of Dimes! 

After the March of Dimes event I was back to Iowa City to pack for my shopping trip with the Muscatine board and a quick rehearsal at Nolte to get ready for our performance at this weekend's Titan's game against the Des Moines Barnstormers.  After all this, it was back on the road again to meet up with Ashley to carpool to our next destination.  We were quickly off and found ourselves at Kindra's house.  When the sun came up we are off again and this time to shop at Woodfield Shopping Mall.  While our shopping had some up's and down's we walked away with some great purchases!
The major down of the day… I broke the
 heel off my shoe. (Plus side, I HAD to buy new shoes)
After we finished shopping for the day, we stopped in Naperville to have dinner with my family.  I was very glad there was time to stop and see them. We then jumped back in the car, with full bellies and shopping bags, and headed back to Kindra's.  From there Ashley and I woke up around 6am so I could make it back to Iowa City for more rehearsals!  Most people's Sunday's consist of catching up on life and relaxing but mine always consist of Affect rehearsals, solo rehearsals and Titan Dolls practice.  I wouldn't change it for anything either.  I love being in the studio with my girls and doing what we all love!  
Lastly, Monday morning I was invited to tour the Jeff Murray laboratory.  Dr. Jeff Murray is the leading researcher in prematurity and it was wonderful to see the research that was happening right here in Iowa.  His research is helping the March of Dimes as well as the March of Dimes is helping him!  Below is a link to his webpage if you want to find out more about what he is doing! 
Being a role model to so many young girls at the dance studio is what keeps me going.
I tell them everyday to follow their dreams, and I want to prove to them that you can chase any crazy dream you have.

XOXO-
Christy
Miss Pearl City



No comments:

Post a Comment