Thursday, October 15, 2015

Stay Curious!

One of the biggest fault I think we all have as humans is falling into a daily routine.  We start to settle without even knowing it.  Days, weeks and years can go by doing the same thing without change. We wake up go to work, run errands, hopefully find time to do something we enjoy, go to sleep and do it all over again. I also find myself falling into a similar routine; I wake up, workout, do things around my house, run some errands, catch up on TV shows, head to work then go to sleep and do it all over again.  

Today, I changed my routine and I was pleasantly surprised!  I wanted to workout but didn't feel like driving across town to go to the gym so I decided to take advantage of one of the last beautiful days to take a walk around my neighborhood.  I thought I knew about all the paths around me as I had explored before on foot and bike but I decided to walk a different way to see different houses.  I came to a path and decided to take it, little did I know that taking that path would change my entire day and outlook.  


I started walking with no intentions of exploring or wandering just with the intention of getting some exercise in for the day.  This path looked like it would lead to no where and I had no faith that it would lead me to something exciting.  But I kept walking on, at first the path was long and boring and didn't seem to go anywhere, then all of a sudden around the corner things changed.  I found myself walking under the interstate on this path that I thought led nowhere.  All of a sudden, like a diamond in the rough, I found a beautiful path, pond and scenery.  I walked for over two hours just exploring and wandering and finding new things.  There were times that I was uncertain where I was but I was never lost.  I took a moment to forget about everything that I needed to do today and I just enjoyed being curious and finding new things.  
Who know this was in my backyard!!

Pictures from my 2-hour 3.5 mile adventure!

What I took away from my walk was life holds a ton of unexpected adventures and you just have to have the courage to pursue them.  You have to stay curious about life to grow.  I challenge anyone who reads this to do one new thing a day.  No matter how big or small do something new and be curious about it.  Don't let yourself fall into a routine for the rest of your life.

Whatever your "path" may be and whatever your "adventure" may be just take it and just do it.  Not all paths lead somewhere great but you will be glad you took the chance.  The first step is always the hardest but from there anything is possible!
XO-Miss Pearl City, Christy Scimeca




No comments:

Post a Comment