Sunday, February 6, 2011

Miss Johnson County

Hi all! It looks like I’m not doing too well with my goal of posting every week…but I’m ready to fix that and it starts today. Last weekend was a great weekend full of shopping with my executive directors Kindra and Ashley. We found some great clothes for competition, for Miss Iowa week, and just to have around for whenever I need to look cute. Shopping, admittedly, is one of my favorite hobbies, but it is amazing how tiring eight straight hours of shopping can be! After that day of shopping, I collapsed into bed at 9:00 and didn’t wake up again until 8:00 the next morning. A week later, now, I am completely recovered and have busy being Miss Pearl City.

Last Monday, I visited the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital for the first time. Due to a scheduling miscommunication, I was only able to stay for a short while, but I am now scheduled to volunteer every Monday through the end of the semester. Over the last two years, I have met so many brave children and parents and it is always such a joy to see the smiles on the children’s faces when I leave their room. I love to make smiles happen. There is no better feeling than knowing that you have brought a moment of happiness to the lives of a sick child.

On Saturday, I was able to attend Miss Johnson County in Tiffin, IA. Congratulations to Cass Claeys, the new Miss Johnson County 2011! Cass competed with me at Miss Pearl City and was such a joy to spend time with her. I can’t wait to get to know her better in June for Miss Iowa. It was also fun at Miss Johnson County to see several other Miss contestants, including some that I had yet to meet. The contestants in the Miss Iowa Scholarship Program truly are remarkable women and I am honored to be a part of this organization.


With my Princess, Stella. Isn't she a doll?


With Miss Eastern Iowa and Miss Clinton County.


With Miss Muscatine, Miss Eastern Iowa, and our wonderful Miss Iowa.

Next Friday, I have a very exciting opportunity, but I’m going to wait and tell you about it after it happens, so keep posted!

Best,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment