Friday, February 11, 2011

Children's Dental Health Month Proclamation Signing

As of today, February in Iowa is Children’s Dental Health Month! This afternoon, I joined the leaders of the Iowa Dental Association in witnessing Governor Terry Branstad sign the Children’s Dental Health Month Proclamation. With my platform of children’s dental health, entitled “Making Smiles Happen”, it is very exciting to see our state legislature helping raise awareness towards this very important issue. Please see the pictures below.


With Governor Branstad before the Proclamation signing. It was such an honor to meet our new Governor!


With the other representatives of the Iowa Dental Association. The IDA represents 90% of the dentists in the state of Iowa. To my left is my dad, Dr. David Davidson, the President-Elect of the IDA and to my right is Bill Strohman, the President of the IDA.


I was also able to meet our Lieutenant Governor, Kim Reynolds. If Miss Iowa were an election, I'm confident I would have her vote!


Dean David Johnsen of the University of Iowa College of Dentistry joined me for a photograph. The University of Iowa has the only dental school in Iowa, but it is considered to be one of the top programs in the world.


On the Senate floor. Must say, it felt good to be here. Maybe I have a future in politics.


Spoke with Senator Merlin Bartz, a Republican who represents north-central Iowa. He has been a friend to the dental community.


Mike Heller, one of the lobbyists for the Iowa Dental Association, gave us a tour of the capitol and introduced us to some of the bigwigs of Iowa politics.


Visited the law library. I couldn't help but think of Beauty and the Beast!


I was able to have my photograph taken with every single Representative! Wink, wink...


The Davidson delegation! I'm pictured here with my brother, Dr. Michael Davidson, and dad, Dr. David Davidson.


I've been to 40 states, but Iowa has the most beautiful capitol building I've ever seen.


My ultimate goal is to be a lawyer, so my dad, brother, and I decided to round out our great day with a trip to the new Supreme Court building. In tribute to this festive occasion, we decided to sing our favorite Supremes songs. I choose "Baby Love". :)

In addition, on Thursday I began work at the University of Iowa College of Dentistry where I will be creating and managing the Facebook page for the Building Transformation of Tomorrow project. This $61,000,000 renovation and expansion will help the dental school remain one of the top schools in the world. Please "like" this page on Facebook by searching for "Dentistry Campaign". Until next time!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment