Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A Dream Come True

Hello and Welcome! 

My name is Jessica Baker and I am so excited to be your new Miss Pearl City 2016! The Miss Pearl City/Muscatine Scholarship Program is affiliated with the Miss Iowa and Miss America Scholarship Program.  These programs award thousands of scholarship dollars to women across America and on Saturday, I was honored to be one of those women! I was also blessed and so excited to not only walk away with the crown but the lifestyle and fitness awad, interview award and the community service award! 

 It was a crazy weekend filled with rehearsals, laughs, new friendships and rhinestones but it doesn't stop anytime soon--Miss Iowa Prep is in full swing and I couldn't be more excited! 

With this blog I hope that you are able to follow me through out my journey to Miss Iowa and get to know me better! You can also follow me on Instagram and twitter at JJBaker4 


I am a 22 year old graduate of Western Illinois University with a degree in Business Marketing and Dance.  I am originally from the Iowa City area--Go Hawks!  I have a passion for teaching dance and baton twirling. I am the owner and operator of Ambition Baton Twirling and I teach Dance in Muscatine at River City All-Stars. 


I have a 17 year old sister who is my best friend and means the world to me. Our dream came true on Saturday night when she was crowned Miss Pearl City's Outstanding Teen!! WE ARE SISTER QUEENS!  The most exciting thing about being in pageants together is you always have your number one supporter with you.  Sometimes all you need before you go on stage is the extra hug or words of encouragement.  

Making Miracles Happen 

My platform is Making Miracles Happen: For The Kids! It is all about raising awareness and getting involved with Dance Marathon! Dance Marathon is a year long fundraiser that raises money for Children's Miracle Network that all comes down to one main event! The participants take a pledge to stand the entire length of the Dance Marathon! Typically Dance Marathons last anywhere from 4 to 24 hours.  

I started Dance Marathon at Western Illinois and am currently the Alumni Chair for the organization. Our Dance Marathon is 12 hours long representing the shift of a doctor or a nurse.  If they can take care of children in the hospital for 12 hours a day without sitting, our dancers can do it having fun! 

"One day we will dance for joy, until then we will dance for life" 

That's all for now! 

xoxo 
Jessica Baker
Miss Pearl City 2016 







No comments:

Post a Comment