Tuesday, January 13, 2015

It all starts somewhere!

This past Saturday was the 49th Miss Muscatine pageant and I am very happy to say I am your new Miss Pearl City 2015! The day was a very big one for me as it was also my 23d birthday! Saturday started for me with waking up and getting in a quick workout out session at my hotel gym. From there I had a good amount of time to freshen up and get ready for my interview at 1:30.  I want to thank the Miss Muscatine board because I throughly enjoyed the judges and because of that my interview went GREAT!  From there I had downtime to just relax! I took this time to hang out at Ely's in downtown Muscatine with fellow contestant Jessica Erbst! Before we knew it, it was time to head to the middle school to run talent and get ready all before the show started at 7pm.  While we were on stage waiting for the opening number to start I remember looking at all the contestants and telling them I didn't feel like we were about to compete, but the curtain opened and the lights came on and just like that the show had started! My first phase of competition was on-stage question, from there I went on to lifestyle and fitness, talent and evening gown. The show really flew by and the competition was so tough I wasn't sure what was going to happen at the end of the night.  But hard work really pays off! I was delighted and honored to have recieved the title of Miss Pearl City 2015!

Now a little bit about me! My name is Christy Scimeca and I currently reside in the Iowa City area. I just graduated from the University of Iowa in May of 2014 with a B.A. in dance, a B.S. in athletic training and an entrepreneurial ship certificate in management.  In the Iowa City area I teach and choreograph at the Nolte Academy of Dance where this is my fifth year teaching.  I also work as a PRN athletic trainer in the area and am the coach of the Cedar Rapids Titans Dolls.  As you can tell I love to keep busy and I like to do a little bit of everything.  But none of this will keep me from giving my all for the next six months getting ready for Miss Iowa.

Lastly, my platform is the March of Dimes: Education on Prematurity and I can not wait to get more involved in this organization and help families in Iowa understand the severity of prematurity. I have chosen March of Dimes because both myself, my brother and new cousin
were born premature.  In another blog post I will explain my brothers story and how he has shaped my life!

Thank you for your support and for following me on my journey to Miss Iowa!!
Until next time,
Miss Pearl City 2015, Christy Scimeca

PS I LOVE inspirational quotes and will try to include one on every post!

No comments:

Post a Comment