Sunday, March 27, 2011

Goodwill Ambassador

Hi all!
This is just going to be a short post, but I wanted to share some good news. On Friday, the board of trustees for the Iowa Dental Association unanimously voted to name me the official “Goodwill Ambassador” to the Iowa Dental Association and the Iowa Dental Foundation (the charitable organization run by the IDA that puts on events like the Iowa Mission of Mercy). I am so honored and excited to do what I can to promote the Iowa Dental Association throughout our state and to continue to support children’s dental health through my platform “Making Smiles Happen”.



Additionally, I am proud to announce that the Davidson family now has another doctor! My sister-in-law Beth passed her thesis defense on Friday. For the last four years, Beth has been researching the connection between cleft lip/palate and breast cancer. It was fascinating to hear about what she has been working on (although my non-scientific mind stopped processing information after about the first 15 minutes of the public discussion!). While she will not officially receive her PhD in Molecular and Cellular Biology until she completes the MSTP program next May (meaning that she will receive both a PhD and an MD), I am not going to waste any time calling her Dr. Davidson. Congratulations, Beth!


With Beth and my brother Michael before the public discussion of Beth's research.

My information is up on the Miss Iowa website. Check me out! http://www.missiowa.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=586:miss-pearl-city-2011&catid=89:local-winner-2011&Itemid=313

Finally, next Friday, I will be traveling home to West Des Moines to present my platform to two of my former elementary school classrooms. On Saturday, I will watch the crowning of a new Miss Greater Des Moines. Can’t wait to give you the details. Until then!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment