Monday, April 12, 2010

Fabulous Photos from Shirk Photography


On Wednesday of this week, I pulled up to a house in Wilton, Iowa, wondering if I was at the right place. I was to have my Miss Iowa photos taken with Ben Shirk, owner of Shirk Photography. It was gloomy and rainy, and I soon realized my GPS led me to the correct location. Ben walked out of his house, home to his photography studio, in his stylish hat, carrying an umbrella so that I wouldn’t disrupt my new “Do” :)


Ashlie at Park Avenue Style in Muscatine did a great job styling my hair beforehand, and Ben was kind enough to keep the style from being destroyed.

What a fun experience we had! Ben has been shooting out of his home for the past four years, and I can tell he has a bright future ahead of him. Check out his web site: www.shirkphotography.com – just looking at a couple of his pictures says it all. He has a fresh, unique style that will bring him an enormous amount of success. I feel blessed that he so graciously donated my portraits for Miss Iowa. I will definitely keep him in mind for future photos!

We spent several hours together as he created eye-catching backdrops and planted me in them ever so perfectly. Thanks, Ben for the great pictures! I have already told him it will be tough to make my final decisions.

Thanks also to Ashlie for working her magic with that curling iron and hairspray – two items no woman can live without! She was also kind enough to donate her services to the Muscatine titleholders for one year. What great support we have in our area of the state!

It is paperwork time, so I’ll be finalizing my platform statement and resume, along with other required documents, in time for Miss Iowa orientation on April 24th. I’m so excited for the competition already, I can hardly stand it!

Thanks to all of you for your constant encouragement, support, and love. I would not be where I am without you.

Hugs,
Jennifer

P.S. Please enjoy a few of the sample photos I've posted below.









No comments:

Post a Comment